Implementing organisation: Yarmouk University
ENTREPRENUR proposes to create entrepreneurs through building an on-campus innovation platform for Syrian-refugees (and Jordanian) university students in northern Jordan. In order to achieve the main goal of this project, ENTREPRENEUR consists the following key activities:
- Conducting needs analysis to identify the needed entrepreneurship skills. This will be done by all stakeholders, including students, industry, and university researchers.
- Designing the training courses that achieve the identified skills in the first activity.
- Delivering the designed training courses to Syrian-refugee and Jordanian university students in northern Jordan.
- Conducting idea competition program, that includes call for innovative ideas and forming joint academic-industry committee to select the best ideas.
- Setting up an incubator to host innovative ideas for Syrian-refugee and Jordanian university students in northern Jordan.
- Hosting the winning ideas in the incubator, which will provide a specialized environment for the entrepreneurship equipped with all required software and hardware tools to develop and implement their ideas.
- Connecting the implemented ideas with business acceleration programs from the industry to help in starting new business(es).
Duration of the project: 12 months